Here’s the thing.
Plant-based protein is THE best way to go if you’re looking for energy, fullness, & a way of eating that supports your healthiest weight and muscle toning.
If you think about it, it’s low in fat (and when it contains fat, it’s healthy fat), it’s a whole food, and it comes from plants (meaning that MORE of it is burned as energy in your body).
So if you’re eating healthy for long-term results, why not spend a little time learning how to make it taste amazing?
I’m a big fan of chipotle-flavored things. So things with a kick, but not TOO spicy.
I love this easy salad because roasted chickpeas are crunchy, PACKED with flavor if you follow this recipe, and combined with a balanced plate…. you’re full for hours on end.
Here’s what you need:
- 3/4 cup chickpeas from a can, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Cholula Chipotle Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups spring mix
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- optional: Annie’s honey mustard dressing
Here’s what to do:
- preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- after you drain & rinse the chickpeas, dry them well. Mix them in a bowl with the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle hot sauce, salt, and pepper
- oil your baking sheet and evenly spread the chickpeas on it. Roast for 30 minutes or until you see them become crispy.
- when the chickpeas are done, remove them and mix in a bowl with the remaining hot sauce. Let this sit for a few minutes.
- add the chickpeas into a large bowl with spring mix, cooked quinoa, avocado, and dressing of your choice.
Enjoy and especially enjoy how FULL you’ll be after eating this lean protein salad.